Before you begin the application process, we recommend that you familiarise yourself with the following:
- Find a Project
- Check our Eligibility Criteria to ascertain if you are eligible to apply to the UQ-IITD joint PhD Program
- Choose up to 3 projects in preference/rank order
- Download this Statement of Purpose (SOP) document and fill one SOP for each project you are applying for.
- In each of your SOPs remember to fill out, respond to the Essential Capabilities, Desirable Capabilities and Expected Qualifications of the project descriptions (in Section 9) of the projects you are interested in.
- Prepare your documentation.
- Note down and remember to include “Agent ID Code = XIDR” when you apply.
- Read these applications instructions.
- Apply online
Your application will then be shortlisted based on your eligibility, your background and your SOPs. All shortlisted applicants will undergo:
- A Skype/telephone interview with supervisors from UQ and IITD for the projects you have been shortlisted. Based on this interview with relevant supervisors, you will be invited to an interview.
- The interview will consist of a written test, which will include an assessment of ability to critically assess a research paper.
- The process will also include an interview with the Academy Joint Admissions Sub-committee (AJAS).