You may meet the Academy’s English language proficiency requirements if you have completed a bachelor or master’s degree program, or have evidence of at least two years of full time study from an institution that is recognised by the Academy where:
- English was the medium of instruction; and
- English was the medium of assessment; and
- the final year of study has been undertaken within the last five years.
If an applicant’s qualifying degree was in a language other than English then the student needs to demonstrate English proficiency as follows:
- IELTS: Overall Band Score of 6.5 AND a minimum score of 6 in each sub-band of Writing, Reading, Speaking and Listening; or
- TOEFL (Internet-Based-iBT): Overall score 87 with a Writing score of 21 and Reading, Speaking and Listening scores of 19; or
- TOEFL (Paper-based): Overall score of 570 and a minimum score of 5.0 in the Test of Written English (TWE) and 54 in Listening and Reading; or
- PTE: Overall score of 64 with 60 in each communicative skills section; or
- CAE/CPE: Overall Cambridge English Scale (CES) score of 176 with a minimum score of 169 in each skill; or
- BEP: A minimum overall grade of 4 plus a minimum grade of C in all four macro skills.
Deeming of acceptable proficiency on the basis of previous work and study experience will be assessed as part of the application process.
* Higher Degrees by Research in the Health Sciences where research is undertaken in a clinical placement setting: IELTS only with overall band score of 7, with a score of 7 in each sub-band of listening, reading, writing and speaking.